Last weekend, 21 Chibok Girls were released from the terrorist sect, Boko Haram.
276 girls were kidnapped from their school in Chibok, Borno State. Ever since then, 57 have escaped in addition to these 21 that were released last weekend. President Buhari, the vice president and some top officials in the government met with the newly released girls, they were eager to celebrate their return.
The president made mention that the girls will be given adequate and comprehensive medical, nutritional and psychological care and support during the meeting. He went ahead to say that the government will rehabilitate them, and ensure that their reintegration back to the Society is done as quickly as possible.
These are some of the pictures from the event in Abuja.
1. Families of the released girls
2. The president addressing the girls
3. Cross-section of dignitaries at the event and the released girls
4. Look at the smile on their faces
5. The girls with Mr President and the Vice President
6. Mr President exchanging pleasantries
Happy that these girls are back and wish them smooth return back to the society.